We should take advantage of this !
SFK has always been beguiled by books, magazines and the audio-visual medium and the National Library Board (NLB) Mobile App makes it very convenient to access a wealth of material. Available on iOS and Android mobile devices, the App provides convenient access to library information and transactions.
A my Library ID account allows library members to access all NLB e-Services – (Singapore citizens and PR’s can apply for membership online with their SingPass ID’s) – which include loans, instant alerts for reservations, reminders on loans, borrowing books via the app on a smartphone, feedback, queries, recommendations and more.
Read more. Read widely. Read together is the focus of the National Reading Movement and it makes available a wealth of material through the NLB, to loan and peruse.
How to Scan and Borrow with the NLB Mobile App :
- Install & launch the NLB Mobile app
- Tap the Login icon
- If you do not have a myLibrary ID, tap Sign up and follow the step-by-step guide
- Once you have the NLB Mobile app, tap the camera icon at the top-left corner of the Home page
- Position your phone’s camera over barcode of library item
- Tap Borrow
Other things the app helps with :
Other useful features of the App :
- Track library accounts for your whole family
- Renew/reserve library items
- Check out the latest books
- Get recommendations
- Search for books, eBooks and audio/visual items
- Locate nearby libraries
- Register for events at libraries