My seven and half year old is an avid reader. She will read all you throw at her and is still hungry for more. Singapore public libraries are a boon for us!
On one such visit she picked up Kylie Jean – Spelling Queen by Marci Peschke. From blueberries to beauty pageants, third grader Kylie Jean wants to be the queen of everything! But in her quest to be the best, this young southern belle learns a few lessons of her own. Mischievous, delightful and fun, this series will be at the top of every young girl’s list!
But I digress.
At the back of the book was a recipe which was Kylie Jean’s treat after a long day of spelling. My little one wanted to try it, and off we went to the kitchen!
- Honey – 1 tbsp per person
- Cereal – ½ cup per person (choose your fav cereal – we had some corn flakes at home, so went ahead with that)
- Plain or vanilla yogurt – ½ to ¾ cup per person
- Fruits – you choose. Berries, banana, apple – the choice is endless – chopped in medium-sized pieces
- Some nuts for garnishing and that extra crunch
- 1 clear glass for each person
- Spoon some honey into the bottom of each glass.
- On top of honey, add a layer of yogurt and a layer of your choice of fruits. You can do thinner layers and repeat, or just do big thick layers.
- On top of yogurt and berries, add your cereal, garnish with some nuts and give a drizzle of honey.
- Serve immediately.
I buy ‘Tesco free from’ cornflakes from NTUC FairPrice.
Dentist, medical lecturer, artist and mother. She believes healthy food can be the tastiest, so focuses on nutrient rich food and working towards healthier recipes one step at a time.