Singapore’s beloved ‘durians’ offer a year-long banquet of theater, music, dance, visual arts, film and festivals – over 3,500 performances, 70% of which offer free admission !
Here is art of one kind or the other for everyone – children, young people, those with special needs, older folk, families … Esplanade focuses on community access and arts education.
- Free performances @ the Concourse every evening or at the Outdoor Theater on weekends and public holidays
- Storytelling sessions and self-guided arts activites for kids @ PIP’s PLAYbox (Level 4)
- Visual arts exhibitions and sculptures in public spaces and @ Jendela (Level 2)
- Behind-the-scenes opportunities at performing venues, via guided tours to explore areas off-limits to the public
- Landscaped garden to stroll about and relax in @ Forecourt Garden
- Specialty stores for gifts and souvenirs
- A range of dining outlets
- Children’s Restroom, Level 4 outside PIP’s PLAYbox
- Stroller parking, nursing rooms (mezzanine level), wheelchair loan service and wheelchair-accessible toilets
PIP’s PLAYbox (Level 4)
A dedicated space for children and families to discover, imagine and play.
This children’s arts space includes a cosy loft, a roomy arts and craft area, a reading corner filled with books by Singapore writers and illustrators, as well as an outdoor play area. In conjunction with Esplanade’s festivals and series, it hosts a range of activities in this space, from storytelling sessions to self-guided craft activities.
Admission free for everyone.
11.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. daily
Closed for cleaning: 2.00 p.m. to 3.00 p.m . every day for de-germing and sanitising to ensure a clean and safe environment for children.