Virtual Realms : Video Games Transformed
June 10, 2021 - January 9, 2022
The Barbican (UK) exhibition Virtual Realms: Videogames Transformed premieres at ArtScience Museum, Singapore.
This major new multi-sensorial exhibition offers visitors a series of large-scale, immersive installations – interactive works by six of the world’s leading videogame developers, in collaboration with top media design studios.
Co-curated by celebrated Japanese videogame designer, Tetsuya Mizuguchi, Virtual Realms re-imagines videogames as a 21st century artform.
The game developers at the centre of the exhibition are :
- KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS (DEATH STRANDING)
- Enhance (Tetsuya Mizuguchi, Rez Infinite & Tetris Effect)
- thatgamecompany (Sky: Children of the Light & Journey)
- Tequila Works (Deadlight & RiME)
- Media Molecule (LittleBigPlanet & Dreams)
- David OReilly (Everything & Mountain)
They have partnered with media artists and design studios, Rhizomatiks, FIELD.IO, The Mill, Marshmallow Laser Feast, onedotzero and The Workers to make six new commissions that transport videogames from the screen into the galleries.
Embrace these playful and immersive installations that take you on a journey through new sonic landscapes and exciting kaleidoscopic worlds.
Daily : 10.00 a.m. to 7.00 p.m.
- SingaporeRediscovers Vouchers can be used