The Secret Life of Haw Par Villa
January 7 - February 26
Aw Boon Haw, the Tiger Balm King, offers an after-hours, private tour of his beloved park, starting with his newest pride and joy: the newly refurbished Ten Courts of Hell.
This interactive, hybrid tour-performance in Singapore’s oldest theme park unfolds over the course of the walking tour, performed by the tour guide and various other characters appearing throughout the excursion. Members of the audience will be invited to take part in games and activities centered on topics of philosophy, ethics and morality. Brace yourself for some madness as The Tiger’s ‘silly little tour‘ draws the attention of the park’s residents – especially the mischievous Monkey King.
- This is a walking tour experience, so be prepared to walk for the entirety of the performance!
- It is advised to wear comfortable shoes and attire – you may be required to take the stairs or sit on unconventional seating.
- Each stopping point will be demarcated by a coloured marker, which you will be asked to stand or sit on in groups of 5.
- You are strongly encouraged to bring insect repellent as the majority of the tour will be held outdoors.
- This tour is not fully wheelchair accessible at the moment.
- Bring a flashlight if you’re scared of the dark.
- In the event of rainfall during the performance, ponchos will be provided and the performance will carry on as per normal.
- In the event of a persistent thunderstorm with lightning risk, the show will be postponed and all attendees will be given the option of rebooking for a different date.
- No refunds will be provided.
- The meeting point will be at Haw Par Villa’s main entrance, located behind the Safe Entry check-in counter.
- Please arrive 20 mins before your time slot. The performance will begin promptly at 7.00 p.m. / 9:30 p.m.
- No credits or refunds will be provided for no-shows or latecomers.
An interactive theatrical tour with some disturbing content (advisory), but tickets available for 12 year olds.
In English, approximately 1 hour 40 minutes, no intermission.
Fridays & Saturdays : 7’00 p.m. & 9.30 p.m.