- This event has passed.
StoryFest 2021, online
June 20 - July 11
StoryFest is an annual festival that celebrates and showcases a variety of styles, repertoire and cultural arts presentations of storytelling from Singapore and around the world.
This year’s theme ‘ReStory’ invites the audience to reconnect with familiar routines, faces and places; to rebuild, to restart art forms that have been put on hold; to reconnect with stories and traditional arts; to rethink the stories that have been written and re-imagine the stories to be created.
So much of what makes a good story comes down to ritual.
Storytellers have our own private ways of practise. We mould, shape and revisit our stories. We adapt our stories for a new space, a new telling. When the audience comes to listen, we build on their reactions and respond to them. Each time we tell, the story changes, and we transform, and the ritual continues again and again.
– Kamini Ramachandran,
Creative Producer, StoryFest
- livestreamed workshops and lectures
- high quality storytelling performances
- local commissions , two unique collections performed by storytellers and spoken word artists from Singapore
- the Young Storytellers Showcase, Stories From Our Shores, presenting emerging storytelling talents in multidisciplinary performances by live musicians and stories of Singapore’s heroes
- workshops, redesigned for digital platforms to encourage interactions … covering homemade puppets, mindfulness stories and the art of comedy in public speaking
- for families, interactive storytelling sessions with plenty of songs, movement and talking animals with Awesome Adventures
- therapeutic storytelling and sensory stories