- This event has passed.
Singapore Garden Festival 2021
This celebration of nature and its bounty – especially germane in today’s ‘insulated‘ times – is the perfect opportunity to reconnect with plants, gardens and horticulture both virtually and in person.
The Singapore Garden Festival and its complementary SGF Horticulture (Hort) Show (by locals for locals) is back this October. A hybrid programme, tailored to C-19 times, it offers :
- a virtual component – free talks, workshops and an e-marketplace
- on-site displays @ the Singapore Botanic Gardens in conjunction with the SGF Hort Show, with the the Horticultural Competition at the Plant House (9th to 17th October)
- on-site displays @ the Jurong Lake Gardens (23rd to 31st October)
The festival features a mix of competitive and non-competitive elements, displays and competitions, creative possibilities for small spaces, innovative vertical garden installations, aquascaping displays and more.
- Categories under the Horticultural Competition include air plants, aroids, begonias, carnivorous plants, edible plants, ferns, flowering plants, gesneriads and succulents.
- The Orchid Competition will showcase blooms across 68 categories, grown by talented hobbyists as well as the horticulture industry.
- The Bonsai Competition will feature an exhibition of specimens from local bonsai collectors and nurseries.
- The Edibles Competition will have two categories – the longest fruit or vegetable (cucumber, lady’s finger, luffa, snake gourd and sword bean) as well as the heaviest fruit or vegetable (cauliflower, cherry tomato, pumpkin, radish and winter melon).
- For the Nano Tank Aquascaping Competition, participants will be given a day to complete an underwater garden within a 30cm x 30cm x 30cm tank.
The e-Marketplace will feature plants, gardening and horticultural products.
Details on crowd size and safe management measures will be available on the website closer to the event dates.