- This event has passed.
September 13, 2019 - September 15, 2019
Celebrate the Mid-Autumn Festival with a range of Chinese folk art performances and activities for the family.
Rediscover the intrinsic beauty of traditional Chinese arts through an exciting line-up of free programmes and ticketed workshops which include :
- Classic Xiqu excerpts performed by Little Plum Blossom artists – performers below the age of 14 in China.
- Taishan Shadow Puppetry performances with the puppeteer controlling the shadow puppets and singing and playing percussion instruments at the same time.
- Nostalgic street opera performances of classic excerpts by the Sin Yong Hua Heng Teochew Opera Troupe, performed in the moonlight.
- A unique performance blending Chinese crosstalk and a cappella music.
- A fun-filled performance by Singapore’s top radio group Yu Jian Huang Chong—featuring folk, dialect and xinyao music and memorable movie theme songs.
- The popular Lantern Walkabout with (limited) free lanterns being distributed.
In a series of ticketed Parent-Child Workshops, families can learn more about Xiqu, shadow puppetry and Shaolin martial arts, and make their own lanterns.
The musically inclined can try their hand at the hulusi (a folk wind instrument from China, shaped like a gourd) @ the Let’s Learn to Play the Hulusi! ticketed workshop.