ArtWalk Fest, Little India
January 10 - January 18
For the sixth year, Little India celebrates and showcases art performances, workshops and murals around the theme Passage of Time, part of the Singapore Art Week.
This is about life, traditions and the personal stories of this cultural precinct through dance, art, performance and song.
- Nakshatra : the Lunar Mansions – an experimental storytelling sessions combined with music and folk-art painting
- A sound painting workshop where simple body movement and gestures translate into compositions that echo the bustle of the place
- Artworks – 19 of them including Mayura, 70m long
- An impromptu dance performance at various traffic junctions
- Curated dining in two restaurants while watching three short plays titled Starter, Main Course and Dessert. The plays explore the act of dining, food as a unifier and the rich human drama of mealtime conversations
- A walking trail
Event Programme details (free and ticketed) of this multi-disciplinary public arts project here.